Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Road Trip 2013: Driving, Driving, Driving

BUNS. SO. TIRED.

    Sitting in yet another Starbucks but in Missoula, Montana this time. We're heading back home now and plan on being there tonight but that could change depending on how long it will take. If we decide we want to stop, we'll probably call it a night in Salt Lake City. Our plan is to drive through part of Idaho, into Utah and then come home up through Grand Junction like usual.

     If you want to die happy, go to Glacier National Park. It's beautiful and I wish we could have spent more time there and that I had better hiking shoes. It's pretty undeveloped land. Not as popular (or populated) as Yellowstone which makes it better in my opinion. It's a lot of American Indians living around the area. The people in Montana are so friendly. We could happily live here I think. It's a lot of small towns that are still in the 1950's (with their storefront signs). People here just seem happy.

     I am soooo tired probably because I didn't sleep very well. Knowing we were getting up and going to be heading home today made for a sleepless kind of stressful night. We enjoyed our last night in the park though. Went on a long drive to the border of Canada and took a photo. Took an awesome dirt road around to Polebridge and had THE most amazing huckleberry macaroons. Apparently Montana is famous for their huckleberry products? So far we've had huckleberry cordials, huckleberry macaroons, huckleberry brownies, and I bought huckleberry scone mix and huckleberry syrup. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a grocery store to hopefully pick up some cheaper huckleberry honey or jam for the Moms. They had some in the park but the prices are so high and we're running a little low of cash. If I can't find any, we'll just have to have a huckleberry scone tea and picturing sharing party!

     I am off now. Time to order a coffee and get on the road again.

2 comments:

  1. Uh....cheap huckleberry honey???? We want the good stuff ;) See you soon. Tell Sasquatch hi from Sasquatch Sr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not CHEAP, haha. But less than like $12 for an itty bitty jar. I couldn't find any anyway. But I bought huckleberry scone mix and I want to make scones soon so MAAAAYBE I'll share :)

      Delete

Let's hear it!