Thursday, July 25, 2013

Road Trip 2013: Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's On the Road We Go

Hey there all you attractive mountain folk, this is Sasquatch comin' at you live from the lead mine, Leadville, CO.

     So far, so good on this epic trip we have embarked on. I don't have a lot to say about the trip so far except that it is exactly what I've been needing to break up the monotony of day to day life. The first leg of the trip has been pretty awesome. It's been fun watching Buns get all excited about sharing some of her favorite parts of her childhood with me. Leadville is a pretty rad little town. I think I'm going to have to drag my brothers up here for a weekend of debauchery.

     Our first night in the surprise tent we discovered in the back of our car was...interesting to say the least. I found that my 6' 1" body does not like to be compacted into a 5'x4' tent with another body and multiple bags. But, I conked out pretty quickly nonetheless. I slept great until I was awoken by the sounds of nature spitting in our faces. After that, the night was filled with tossing, turning, cursing, and trying my hand at the art of contortion. After a long night of no rest, I woke up in a not-so-great mood, but after a delicious breakfast and a little Jim Croce's "Photographs and Memories", I'm convinced that it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Prepare yourself Wyoming...

     Until next time, this is Samsquamtch. Signing off.

1 comment:

Let's hear it!